Carrot is root vegetable that gives big benefit to your health. Most people already know that Carrot is known for beta carotene which gives the body Vitamin A, B Vitamins, Vitamin E and many minerals. Beta carotene helps you prevent night blindness. You can eat carrots as salads or you can make it as carrot juice.
Health Benefits of Carrot:
- Carrot can help improve eyesight
- Raw contain beta-carotene, a strong antioxidant that can prevent cancer.
- Carrot can improve the appearance of the skin, hair and nails.
- Carrot can enhance the quality of breast milk.
- Carrot can promote colon health, because carrot is rich in fiber.
- When taken daily it can lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Carrot juice valuable for the adrenal glands (the small endocrine glands situated above the kidneys) when taken everyday.
- Carrot can help increase menstrual flow.
- Carrots can regulate blood sugar.
Carrot is also helpful in the following cases: Obesity, Poisoning of the blood, Gum disease, Insomnia, Inflamed Kidneys, Liver, Gallbladder, Alzheimer’s disease, Colitis, Ulcer Painful urination
Vitamin and Mineral Content in carrot: Vitamin A – 12,000 I.U; Vitamin B; Thiamine B: .06 mg; Vitamin C: 5 mg; Riboflavin: .06 mg; Niacin: .5 mg; Calcium: 39 mg; Iron: .8 mg; Phosphorus: 37 mg; Fat: 0.3 gm; Carbohydrates: 9.3 gm; Protein: 1.2gm; Vitamin D, E, G, & K; Calories: 42